March 6, 2024

Crafts From Inside My Broom Closet

 In an effort to distance myself from the stress of my mother-in-law and her constant barrage of "I think you should *insert your choice of things that I don't do her way)" and the ever-present "this is my house and you're going to do things my way", I have been spending a lot of time in the garage crafting. I would like to share one of the projects I have done in the past few weeks.

I made a Chest to use as a portable/travel altar box.

I started with this metal gum box that one of my girls gave me and some brown paper

I ripped the paper into strips

Then I mod-podged the paper to the gum box 

I then painted, distressed, and started decorating it.
Yes I add skulls to almost everything 

This is a look at it from the top fully decorated

I lined the inside top and bottom with this pretty material I had.

I hope you like the finished project, I know I do. I really enjoyed this project and have a few more projects I'll be sharing with you soon.

What do you do to distract yourself from people or things that bring stress and/or chaos into your life?
Would love some new ideas.

Blessings

Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment