April 30, 2013

Beltane/Mayday and Maypoles

With tomorrow being Beltane/Mayday, I wanted to show you my maypole and explain how it was made.



Making a Maypole 

What I Used

wooden dowel
round/wired necklace charm(about 2in around, for the wreath)
small closed end hook
5 different colored ribbons( for the pole)
pink/white ribbon (for the wreath)  
small glass jar,  painted and decorated
rice(uncooked) 

How I Made My Maypole

First, I tied the pink ribbon to the round necklace charm to make the wreath, I the used the closed end hook to attach it to the dowel. My next step was the thread the ribbons through the hook and wreath. Next I took a small sample size glass vodka bottle and painted and decorated it, I then added enough rice to the bottle to hold the dowel up straight. 

This is the Wreath/top of my Maypole.
This is the glass bottle I painted/decorated to use as the base.
(sry for the dust, I really hate my black counters LOL)
This is my finished Maypole.

If any of you have made Beltane crafts I would love to see them. 

I hope you all have a blessed Beltane.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Super sweet. HAPPY BELTANE )O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this baby nest year!

    Blessed Beltane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! I love it! We don't have any sort of maypole in the house... but this is totally do-able, and will have to bookmark for next year! Thanks for sharing with the PPBH!

    ReplyDelete