October 29, 2013

Skeleton Keys To Change

I have been seeing keys everywhere the last few months, but not just any keys: skeleton keys. So I decided to do a little research and find out if they had any meaning or symbolism.

It's not the best, but the Image is by Me(Ash-Lynn)
The information I found is that Skeleton keys are most often used as talismans. Skeleton keys relate to doors & gateways, and opening them, they can also mean change.

Romans used skeleton keys as a symbol of Janus, the god of doorways. (He kept out unwanted energy from the home.) Greeks used the keys as a symbol of the goddess Hecate, (she unlocked the mysteries of magic.)

One way to use a skeleton key as a talisman is to charge it with positive energy and carry it with you, when you're looking to go from an old situation and into a new one. such as a job or relationship. Using the skeleton key as a talisman can help you make the change more easily, because it represents the "unlocking" of new things.

So then I ask myself "what does this mean to me?" I first started seeing them just before I decided to change the name and direction of my blog. And recently my family and I were given the opportunity to go from living in a 3 bedroom 1 bath home into a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath home, the move would not be imminently and we would definitely need help to make this huge change in our lives.

I made the skeleton key talisman in the pic above and will be keeping it with me at all times in hopes that it helps us with this change.

My question to you is, "do you ever have signs or omen pop up into your lives and if yes what do you do about it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment