December 15, 2013

A Beautiful Tree and My Granny's Balls

The Witchletts and I spent the day together laughing and decorating our Yule/Christmas tree, we had a blast; here is our finished tree....


Yes your seeing right, that's R2D2 with a Christmas hat on, his outfit changes throughout the year. I keeping with the fun I thought I would share my Garnnys recipe for rum balls with you, they are so yummy.

My Grannys Rum Balls

Ingredients 
  •  1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup rum
  • 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed very fine
  • 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
Directions
  1. In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt evaporated milk and chocolate chips, stirring frequently until smooth. 
  1. Remove from heat and stir in the crushed vanilla wafers and Rum until well blended. 
  1. Roll the dough into small balls and roll the balls in chopped walnuts, then in confectioners' sugar. 
  1. Store covered in the refrigerator. 
Enjoy and Many Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Granny's Balls, and for R2 being a part of Christmas. And that's a very lovely tree.

    ReplyDelete