December 20, 2013

Homemade Fun For Yule!!!

Got into the spirit of the season and made Homemade Yule ornaments for the ladies in my circle, I had a blast doing it and wanted to share them with you.

Dough made and ornaments cut out and ready to bake,

Painted and ready to go to their new homes.

I thought I would share the recipe I use to make these in case you want to make some of your own.

Ingredients & Supplies:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1 cup water
  • cookie cutters
  • paints and other decorative accessories
  • yarn, twine or string for hanging
Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 325ยบ.
  2. Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
  3. Add in half of the water, then gradually add in the remaining water.
  4. Kneed the dough until it is smooth (10 minutes or so).
  5. Roll out dough on baking paper to use with cookie cutters, or press the dough into various shapes. Get creative!
  6. Use a straw or toothpick to make a hole to hang the ornament once it’s finished.
  7. Bake the ornaments until hard and dry (about 45min – 1.5 hours, depending on the thickness of the ornament).
  8. Allow to cool.
  9. Decorate with paint, glitter, beads, buttons, feathers or any other fun accessories.
  10. If you want to preserve them for a long time, allow all the paint and glue to dry and then coat with a clear acrylic varnish.
I hope you enjoy making these, I know I did. Have a very Blessed Yule my Beautiful Souls!!!

2 comments: