February 25, 2013

Kitchen Witch Beauty - Lip Balm

OK so via Youtube and Pintrest I have discovered many DIY beauty products and since I am trying to live a more natural life I decided to try and make my own lip balm. I found it to be easier than I thought it would be, and it only take a few ingredients.

What I used:

2 tbls coconut oil
2 tbls beeswax
1 tbs grape seed oil
10 drops peppermint oil

Method  I used:

I took a quart sized pot, added a cup of water, when it was close to boiling I added a smaller metal bowl (use like a double boiler) - The I added the coconut oil, beeswax, and grape seed oil - After all the ingredients where melted together I took the bowl out and added the peppermint oil - I then pored it into the container I chose to use, and let it cool.

I used an old pressed powder container That I had
This is without the lid.

This is with the lid.
 I had more mixture than this I cooled it in two medicine cups then put in a plastic bag and refrigerated it for future use. I am looking forward to making some different flavors and tweaking my method a tiny bit, but so far I am very happy with it.

Here is a great video from my friend Krista of Pyperhs Pagan Path showing her technique for making lip balm. You can also Google homemade lip balm to find many different recipes. If you decide to make your own lip balm or other beauty products I would love to here about it.


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Ash! Mint and I don't get along well, but I can replace the oil with something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can replace the mint with any flavoring you like :)

      Delete