August 24, 2013

Do No Harm?

I know that most, if not all, of us have heard the Wiccan Rede, and we all know the most famous part of the rede:

An it harm none do what ye will


But what if someone is harming you, your family, or someone you love? Is it OK to retaliate? I say...


NO!!! I do not mean go out and deliberately harm anyone, but it is perfectly OK to protect yourself and your loved ones. Yes it is OK to stand up for yourself or even fight back when needed, just make sure you do it the right way.

For example, if a person is constantly bringing negativity into your life, home, or job space; simply light a candle(the color is up to you, choose a color that represents banishing to you) write on a small piece of paper what this person is doing and how you want to deal with it, like having them change their ways, or move, or get a job transfer, then put it under the candle and let the candle burn till it stops on its own. repeat if necessary. When your goal has been met, either burn the paper and bury it far away from your home or do what I do, just flush the negativity away :)

There are ways to handle these situations without messing up your Karma. Never, ever wish the person or their loved ones harm, because it will come back to you and bite you on the ass hard.

The most important thing is to THINK before you do anything magical; ask yourself "Is there a non-magical way to solve this?" And if not, how should you proceed? Never, ever act in the heat of the moment; nothing good will come of it.

I do have to say I have been spiteful a few times and wished a certain person uncontrollable itching in their nether regions, but they had it coming! LOL

What is your opinion of the Rede?

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for being loving and civil. But like you said, when those I love (or myself) are involved the rules are check and then checked again.

    P.S. I LOVE this image!

    ReplyDelete