September 25, 2013

What a difference 20 years can make

So if I flashback 20 years ago, I was a shattered person, stuck in the worst kind of relationship, and I had just been told I would never be able to have children. To me, my life was over; I was just going through the motions. just kinda living a half-life.

Found this pic on Google, if you know the artist let me know.

Fast forward a few years, and the universe decided that I was not meant to live a half-life and granted me the best and most glorious gift, the gift of motherhood. Though still stuck in a horrible and abusive marriage, I now had a reason to live, a reason to dream again. Then, miraculously, the universe decided "Hey, lady, it's time to throw you a curve ball" and bam! Daughter #2 came in 2000, so I went from being told "You will never be able to have a child" to being the mother of two beautiful daughters.

The year 2000 was full of changes for me; I became a mom for the second time, got brave enough to end my marriage, and get myself and my daughters away from the abuse. I also fell in love with my soul mate, and started down the path to my life, a whole life, a life worth fighting for.

Jump ahead to 2002, and I became a mom for the 3rd and last time to the most beautiful baby girl. By this time I had fully dedicated myself to walking a pagan path. I had known for a very long time that I was a Witch, but due to living in the deep south and having a very Christian family, I was not just in the broom closet, I was all the way in the back hiding behind an old, dirty mop.  

The past 20 years has been full of ups, downs, surprises and heartbreak. Of all the changes that have happened, I would say the biggest one has been "Me" I have learned to love with my whole heart; I have embraced who I am and love and accept the person I've become.

Image from www.vanessaroy.com.au
And who am I today? I am a 40 year old wife, mom and a very proud Witch. I am happy, secure in who I am, and I know that I may not be where I thought I would be, but I am extremely happy to be who and where I am.

This is a glimpse into who I am, I hope to continue sharing my adventure with you.

Blessings

Ash-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment