August 19, 2014

Fun, Surprises, and Pain

The past week (Mon.-Mon.) has been a mixed bag for me; it started out awesomely because my best friend came home from her yearly trip to Sturgis. For those who don't know what Sturgis it's a week long bike rally in the city/town of Sturgis, SD. and it rocks!

As I was saying my bestie just got home from her trip and as she always does brought me lots of goodies and I want to share them with you.


In this pic we have a Sturgis 2014 shirt, earrings, and a few of the many natural stones from right off the ground. 
These are other stones she brought home, there is Rhodochrosite, Blue Kyanite, Turquoise, and a beautiful Rose Quartz Pendent.

Of all The pretties my favorites are the butterfly earrings and the stone below.

She knows I have a thing for butterflies and she keeps me well supplied :-)
I think this beauty speaks for its self, not 100% sure what it is yet, but I can tell you its energy is off the charts!
After all the fun and excitement of her being home, we got back to our regular gym routine; we go everyday, Monday - Friday. Then I got a big surprise on Friday; the hubby and I would be witchlett free for the entire weekend (this is very rare for us), and we decided to make the most of it and do stuff that we don't normally get to do. 

We decided to go to the Flea market and look for treasures, but, as my luck normally goes, what started off as fun ended in pain. Yep, I said pain. As we were walking, my left foot started hurting; and the more we walked, the pain just got worse. So we called it a day, and for that matter, a wrap on our weekend. We spent the rest of the weekend at home with my foot on ice until I could see the doctor on Monday. 

Well, after seeing the doctor and having x-rays done, the one thing I know for sure is that it's not broken, which is good, but we still don't know exactly what's wrong with it. He said it's either arthritis or fasciitis; either way, I'm not to use the foot for a week and use anti-inflammatory meds.

My foot doing nothing and being bored LOL

I do have to say, the bright side of this doing nothing thing is the wonderful gift Magaly of Pagan Culture gave me, or should I say gave us :-)


Yep! Witches in Fiction is back, and yes I will be participating again this year; for all the fun and details, check out Magaly's blog by clicking the pic above or the button in my side bar.

Now, I must be off to think of some crafty ideas for this year.....

Blessings 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love the stones and the shirt and the earrings and the fact that your friend is back and that your foot is not broken (yes, that's what I call a run on sentence, lol).

    I'm grinning like an idiot thinking about Witches in Fiction and October in general. I just LOVE this time of the year. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year too and I'll love it a lot more when it starts getting cooler.

      Delete
  2. I love those stones! Fascinating things. Do you know what the big one is, yet? And how's the foot? Are you being good and letting it heal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be some sort of quartz, rose maybe? Me and my foot are still not getting along, I'm behaving it's still painfull and swollen:(

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely friend! I envy her trip to Strugis! I would never return if it were me*.
    It's pouring here today so creative thinking cap time for the coming Celebrations! What fun!
    Take care of that dancing foot, your going to need it in October! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete