January 20, 2024

Something "Crafty" to Sooth My Wicked Soul...

 If you have followed my blog for any length of time you know that when it comes to my witchy tools, I very much like to craft my own as much as possible. 

Unfortunately, I have been shoved to the back of the broom closet because of my uber-Catholic mother-in-law, so any tools I make, use, etc. have to be inconspicuous. At the moment, I need a way to burn candles my way without too much fuss.

I got to work trying to figure out exactly what I wanted, and how it should look. I wanted it to be witchy without being witchy if you know what I mean.


I gathered and painted all the parts and then started putting them together and making my vision come to life.

I used the following,

2 scrap pieces of wood from my husband's project in the background, that looked like little books.

1 wood flat from Dollar Tree

6 wood squares also from Dollar Tree

various paints, stickers, hot glue, and E6000 adhesive  

1 2 glass bowls from Dollar Tree (I'll explain below)

when I finished I had come up with this 


I absolutely love how it turned out, but deep down I guess part of me didn't like all the components, because right after I snapped this picture I picked it up to move it and slung it across the room (still don't know why it happened) strangely the only thing that broke was the bowl.

  


So I grabbed the second bowl and started to paint it and something stopped me and told me to leave it clear. so I did. I heated up the glue on the board, removed it, and then attached the new bowl, and the hearts on the front; it was perfect, the way it should have been to begin with I suppose.


 After the glues had set I cleansed it and added sand from my outside cauldron (which I have used without changing it in almost 20 years) and some pink Himalayan salt, then I said a blessing for it's use.


 Tonight I used it for the first time and I must say it made my witchy heart very happy, I might have even cackled. (ok so I cackled because my mother-in-law thinks it so cute, she hasn't a clue)




 Projects like this always soothe my soul and calm my brain a little. Hopefully, this has inspired you to get crafty and make some of your tools too, if you do I would love to see them. 


Blessings

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment