October 13, 2013

Watching From The Darkness & Shadows...

The Party has started!!!! Magaly at Pagan Culture has launched the All Hallow's Grim 2013 blog party. 
The aim of All Hallow’s Grim 2013… So Good, So Dark is to use our artistic power, intellect and heart to create posts that show the delicious goodness that blooms in the dark.
With that in mind, I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to write about on day one of "All Hallow's Grim" and I decided to share one of my banners and a true ghost story.


14 years ago, while I was pregnant with my middle witchlett, My oldest daughter 3 at the time; woke me up in the middle of the night and told me she saw a man watching me sleep. I naturally freaked out and called my then husband home from work. 
When he got there he checked the entire house, doors windows, yard, the barn where our horses were kept and there was no sign that anyone had been on our property or in our house. This would be repeated a few more times during my pregnancy.
About a month before the baby would make her grand debut, while at my ex's aunts house helping her go through some old family photos, My daughter jumps up and takes a picture from her daddies hand and says "that's the man who watches mommy sleep" we all just stared at each other is amazement because the man is the picture was my husbands grandfather and she had never met him; he died 6 months before she was born, and that was the first time she had seen a picture of him. 
We all just sat there thinking, well that's really odd but kinda cool at the same time, then we got another twist thrown at us; our daughter was not do to be born till mid April but she decided to show up almost 2 months early at the end of February and to all of our amazement not only was she perfectly healthy she was born on her great grandfathers birthday. 
I like to think he knew she would come early and that he was watching over us to make sure she was ok. 

A few things have happened in my daughters and my life since this story, my oldest daughter has developed a love for the paranormal, my middle one soon to be 14 is the living embodiment of her great-grandfather and I have learned that our love ones never really leave us, they're just waiting in the darkness and shadows to watch over us and keep us safe.

If you want to read more post from the All Hallow's Grim 2013, So Dark, So Good blog party just click here and check out the side bar for Party Post.  


12 comments:

  1. What an interesting and thought provoking family tale. I love events like these that play themselves out in our lives.....only if we are observant. This was delightful.
    I hope you will come by and ready my entry in Ms. Magaly's All Hallow's Grim at: http://lindaomasoldebaggsnstuftshirts.blogspot.com/2013/10/so-goodso-dark-entry.html
    Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it twice today already :) It sucked me right in.

      Delete
  2. What a great story... and very good for this time of year. I look forward to reading more. Please come party with me and enter my giveaways! http://www.sanctispirituscoaching.com/2013/10/the-dark-art-of-unfolding-rock-your-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your story, I've had similar experiences myself and do believe that those we love never truly leave us but hover near to keep watch in our difficult times.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, at this time of year as the veil thins I feel them with me even more.

      Delete
  4. This is a really sweet and heartwarming post. The best ghost stories aren't about ghosts at all, they're about our family who have gone ahead and still watch over us.

    http://thenarratorslibrary.blogspot.com/p/a-hotel-in-wales.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My daughter is thrilled that I included her story in the blog party :)

      Delete
  5. I'm reading this at 12:45am... looking at dark corners. Yep, they are always watching, aren't they? Through our memories, dreams, in spirit... and we should look back every now and then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking back at fading memories helps renew them and keeps our loved ones close to us.

      Delete
  6. I love this story, I think little ones often have a natural ablity and sixth sense that unless cultivated, maintained, or kept practicing, like any gift can fade... Sounds like your eldest is very in touch with hers, and love your little number 2 appearing on the concerned grandfather watcher's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is as is my youngest, she talks with her "friends all the time"

      Delete