January 5, 2014

I is Kind, I is Smart, I is Important!!!

I have been asking myself what is it that I need to learn in 2014 and it came to me today through tears, sweet words from my husband and this line from "The Help"

You is kind. You is smart. You is important"
Kathryn Stockett, The Help

The main one I need to learn and remember is "I am Important" no matter what anyone says or does to try and break me "I am Important!"


 I have spent the majority of my life letting my family make me feel like a second class citizen, and walk all over me. well today I reached my breaking point; I'm done.

I will no longer bend over backwards for them, just so they can spit on me and kick me while I'm down. So from this day forward I will grow a backbone and take control of my life, I will live my life the way I want, with whom I want and where I want.

Thanks for reading my rant; I'll try to be more upbeat next time :) 

XXXOOO-

Ash-Lynn

2 comments:

  1. My younger sister bought that movie for me and sent it to me....we both struggled with believing that saying...still do, more gently though....you are strong when you realize what is coming against you! Huge hugs! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, sometimes my family really makes it hard for me, but my goal is to believe in me more.

      Delete