January 12, 2024

Comfort Food, Cold Weather, & an Explanation

 So let's start with a long time no see; I know it has been quite a while since my last blog post, let me explain.


In April 2020 I made a post about getting back to blogging and how I missed it, I told all of you about my health issues (definitely more on that coming), and we had just started the long nightmare that is COVID.

Since then my life has really changed, my baby witchlett graduated and flew the coop, she moved three and a half hours away and she is about to make another move to be with the young man she loves and I couldn't be happier for her.

My oldest 2 witchletts have also flown the coop, but luckily they still live in the same city as we do, it's exciting to see the three of them spread their wings and fly.

The hubby and I never got the chance to be "empty nesters" due to COVID and the fact that his dad has Parkinson's, we made the decision to put his parents on house arrest, and we did all their shopping and such so they could stay safe in their bubble, then we took the bold step and deciding to build on to my in-laws house and us move in with them full time to care for both of them.

On March 13th Before any of that could happen my mother-in-law had a bad fall that ended with her having five staples in the back of her head and a fracture to her mid spine; that one small fracture changed all of our lives forever.

I went back to school in 2022 to become an End of Life Doula or Death Doula, I not only graduated with flying colors, I was passionate about my work, I also landed a job as a virtual assistant/graphics designer, life was great and I was high on life, everything was perfect, then my mother-in-law had her fall and BAM throat punch.

Due to her fall, she had to wear a hard brace for what we were told would be six weeks, during that time I moved in to take care of her, and my father-in-law; I was like 6 weeks no sweat I can do that, six weeks turned to twelve, turned into 4 months, I was in Hell.

During the best of times, my mother-in-law is not an easy person to deal with, I love her but man is she a handful, my father-in-law was an amazing man. Yes, I said he was the exact day my mil got her brace off he was admitted to the hospital for low blood pressure and bladder problems; after the hospital was rehab after rehab was back to the hospital, then hospice, and in August he was gone; and we were all devastated.

We immediately decided to sell our home of 30+ years and move in with my mil full-time, it is now January 2024 and we still haven't been able to completely move all of our stuff, sell our house, or barely take time to breathe, and the cause of this slow move... you guessed it, my mother-in-law. 

I'm going to be blogging regularly to have an outlet for my stress, but don't worry it won't be all drama, I promise lots of fun posts as well, hopefully, no one will get bored lol. 


Now for the comfort food...

It is finally getting cold down here on the Gulf Coast, to help is stay warm I made a delicious pot of chicken and dumplings, the recipe that I use is from The Magnolia Table cookbook by Joanna Gaines, it's super easy and the flavor is to die for; see pic below.


I'll be posting soon, I have so much more to tell you about, I forgot how much a loved this.

Blessings 

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment